Here are some of the major changes:
- PS3 support (PPU only)
- direct va_list support in all the vararg APIs. This was heavily requested and now it's in there!
- race conditions/crashes in the run-time when the server went away unexpectedly should be reduced
- added tmEndTryLockEx (just like tmEndTryLock but with explicit file/line)
- new APIs! tmEnterThread and tmLeaveThread which allow you to specify the thread for the zone. This was crucial for 'logical thread' support (e.g. fibers, cooperative threads, etc.)
- new APIs #2! tmBeginTimeSpanAt and tmEndTimeSpanAt allow you to specify the timestamps for timespan events, so you can time an external event and insert it retroactively
- 360/Windows: significant performance boost in the context switch thread ("telemetry:ctxs
- TMOF_DEFAULT turns off context switches by default on Windows -- the overhead was just too high for users that didn't need it
The Visualizer got some love too:
- Filter session lists by name and computer! This was requested quite a bit for customers had thousands of sessions to sift through.
- Massive memory usage reduction for messages
- Plot and memory events generate virtual messages in the message window (with a different color, and you can even now filter out all user messages if you want)
- A bug with lock rendering was causing massive slow downs in certain special cases, fixed!
- Localhost option has been removed since it was confusing and not very useful
- Text entry fields should be normal now
- Plots no longer render over the slider in the mini-timeline view
- Clicking and dragging on a context switch span should still drag/scroll
- Minimized timespan track would disappear
- Paused frames are no rendered with a different color in the timeline view
- Highlighting a context switch or lock event span highlights the appropriate subsection of a zone in the zone view
- Timestamps are now inserted into the log entries when you use "Copy/Save To File"
And the server had some minor changes:
- Bugfix: callstack processing wasn't processing last entry all the time
- Change: -localhost option removed since it wasn't useful and confused people most of the time
- Crash dump generator added, along with -minidump option to disable full memory crash dumps