Telemetry 2.0h has been released! This is a collection of small fixes/updates from December and through January. Updated to support the latest console SDKs, implemented a bunch of customer requests, updated and clarified some documentation, etc. This will hopefully be the basis for the latest 2.0 stable build so I can start working on 2.1.
NOTE: This requires a full rebuild! The ABI has changed slightly to support the tmPlotAt functionality, so please remember to update your headers and libraries simultaneously and perform a full rebuild.
The only really significant gotcha is that TMZF_PROFILER_ONLY zones are now effectively discarded by the server, since they were a Telemetry 1.x specific feature. A similar feature may be forthcoming in Telemetry 2 but because some of the constraints have changed (we no longer have monolithic frames like we did in Telemetry 1.x) it'll have to be designed a little differently.
- Enhancement: added tmPlotAt APIs so you can retroactively place a plot in time. For example, you might want to accumulate some information but then plot it back where it's most relevant, not where it's available.
- Enhancement: updated to latest platform SDKs.
- Bugfix: fixed XB1 checked build link errors
- Change: 64-bit Linux static lib is now built with -fPIC
- Enhancement: server now does periodic flushing every 100ms instead of only flushing on tmTick processing
- Change: TMZF_PROFILER_ONLY zones are now explicitly discarded
- Enhancement: user defined zone, timespan, and plot colors. By putting "color: rrggbb" in your description the Visualizer will color accordingly.
- Enhancement: added sort-by option in profiler results pane so you can sort by time or count
- Enhancement: plot tooltip now shows time offset from start of session (so like T1 you can now see how far in a frame is, not just its duration)
- Enhancement: TMZF_IDLE zones are now more obvious
- Enhancement: 'show idle zones' checkbox is back
- Enhancement: selected region in zone view will display its duration in tooltip
- Enhancement: 1ms tick intervals are now drawn in the zone view
- Bugfix: profiler pane now shows correct counts for accumulation zones
- Change: updated docs to clarify that TMZF_PROFILER_ONLY is a T1 specific feature